Student Protection Plan
Two Crucial Documents Every Young Adult Should Have
With the arrival of summer, young people across Tennessee are reaching a key milestone- High School Graduation. If your child is graduating, now is the time to help them to leave the nest while also making sure there's still a safety net in case of an emergency.
Current privacy laws, especially ones on college campuses, make it uncertain whether you would be allowed to be contacted if something happens to your student. Even more, you may not be able to help them in the event of an emergency.
For example, should your child get into a serious car accident and require hospitalization, you would no longer have the automatic authority to make decisions about his or her medical treatment or be able to help with their other affairs. Even worse, you may be required to get a court order to access his or her medical records, bank account information, etc.
To make sure that you can be there if your child needs you after they leave the nest, have a conversation with your child about our Student Protection Plan before your he or she heads off to college to get these crucial documents in place.
What does the Student Protection Plan Include?
The Student Protection Plan includes a Health Care Power of Attorney and Finance (General) Power of Attorney that enable you to be there for your student if they need it.
Health Care Power of Attorney
- Allows you to make health care decisions if your child is incapacitated
- Make decisions on who provides your child's care
- Allows access to HIPAA-protected medical records
- Avoid court-appointed guardians
Finance (General) Power of Attorney
- Allows you to manage bank and investment accounts
- Deal with credit cards, creditors, landlords, insurance companies, etc
- Interact with university departments on behalf of your student
- Help manage student loans and financial aid
- Allows access to FERPA-protected information
The Student Protection Plan costs only $299.
As an added bonus, any client who uses this plan for their student will also receive a discount of $299 toward any Life and Legacy Plan.
Three Simple Steps to Peace of Mind
Fill out our Three-Minute Form
- Fill out our easy three-minute form (linked below) to sign-up for your Student Protection Plan.
- Decide if you would like to have our team notarize it or be e-mailed the documents with instructions on completing it with a notary of your choosing.
- The form will prompt you to pay for your plan via our secure online payment portal powered by Stripe.
- If you would like our team to notarize your documents, you can choose a time to come to our office to complete the notarization
Fill out the Questionnaire
Upon completing sign-up, you will receive a short questionnaire that will give us all of the information we need to prepare your Student Protection Plan. We request that if you choose an appointment in our office that you return your questionnaire no later than two days prior to your appointment.
Sign Your Plan & Gain Peace of Mind!
Once we receive your questionnaire, our team will prepare your Student Protection Plan. You will either receive your plan via e-mail with instructions on how to have it notarized or sign them in our office, depending on what option you chose in your initial intake.