Meet the Team
Trent Linville Lead Attorney
Like many other attorneys, Trent’s desire to practice law came from reading about Atticus Finch in his 7th grade English class at Battle Ground Academy. He simply wanted to be able to help and counsel people to protect what matters most to them. Almost a decade of estate planning experience has enabled him to learn what is most important to his clients and then tailor the right solutions for each and every situation.
In addition to advocating for his clients, Trent serves on the Board of Mayor and Aldermen in Spring Hill. He is passionate about making Spring Hill a better place to live, work, and raise a family. You'll also find him cheering on the Tennessee Volunteers in any sport, enjoying a good bottle of bourbon, and spending time with his family.
Belmont University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
University of Tennessee
Activities & Affiliations
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- WealthCounsel and ElderCounsel Member
- Board of Mayor and Aldermen - Spring Hill, TN
3 Get To Know Trent
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Franklin. My family has deep roots in Middle Tennessee, especially Williamson County. My grandfather was a small business owner who owned and ran Corner Drug Store in Downtown Franklin in the White Building where Starbucks is currently located.
- Do you collect anything? Yes - I am a bourbon aficionado. I’ve been described by friends and family as having a “buying problem,” but somehow there’s always one more bottle that I “need” to add to the collection.
- What is your favorite recent memory? As a lifelong Tennessee Volunteers fan, football season has often felt like more of a curse than a blessing. The 2022 Tennessee-Alabama game was more exhilarating than I thought possible from watching a football game. It was a roller coaster of emotions that ended with jubilation and a well-earned victory cigar in the Linville household after Chase McGrath’s field goal cleared the crossbar and Tennessee took the 52-49 win.
Ryan Alspaugh Associate Attorney
Ryan’s passion for serving others developed in the senior living industry, where he saw first-hand how families are affected by a lack of, or ineffective, estate planning. Witnessing how families were left behind to pick up the pieces, his desire is to ensure his clients can live with peace of mind knowing their estate plan will work when they need it. This unique experience offers him the ability to foresee challenges in planning circumstances.
In addition to helping clients plan for the future, Ryan enjoys coaching his son’s baseball team and watching his daughter’s gymnastics performances. Ryan is an avid open-wheel racing fan, and has attended over forty consecutive Indianapolis 500s. Ryan and his wife, Jennifer, and their family, reside in Thompson’s Station.
Nashville School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
Activities & Affiliations
- Tennessee Bar Association
3 Get To Know Ryan
- What was your first job? My first job was as a summer worker at a local trucking company in my hometown. I worked in the grease pit, mowed the grounds, and fueled semi-trucks. That job taught me so many life lessons: hard work, the value of relationships in a work setting, and most importantly, how to drive a manual transmission!
- Where is your happy place? Really anywhere outdoors. But, if I had to pick one, it would be down in southern Tennessee. Our family has a farm there and it has everything: wide open fields, water, chickens, dogs, and woods. It’s such a great place to get back to reality and step away from life in the suburban fast lane.
- What is your standard morning routine? I am an early riser and get my morning workout in before 6am. After my workout, I shower, get ready for work, and make COFFEE. I usually help prepare breakfast for the kids, and then out the door we go! Anyone with kids who go to school knows how crazy mornings are. Ours is no different!
Katie Vaughn Paralegal
As a Paralegal on our team, Katie takes great pride in working with our attorneys to ensure that each client's Estate Plan is perfectly drafted to accomplish their goals! Her desire is to make every client's Estate Plan as easy to understand as possible, and a plan each person has confidence in. She believes that clarity is one of the best gifts we can give our family, especially in unforeseen circumstances, and considers it a great honor to partner with our clients to provide that.
3 Get To Know Katie
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? My family, by a long stretch. There is nothing that brings me more joy than getting to be a wife and mom!
- What is on your bucket list? I hope to visit Israel, a handful of countries in Europe, Bora Bora, and somewhere I can see the Northern Lights. I would love to live somewhere it snows regularly during winter months. And, lastly, though maybe it should be first, I would love to have two Golden Retrievers one day!
- What are you most thankful for? The hardships that I’ve experienced; they have shaped me into the person I am today. As cliché as it may sound, my trials are where my walk with Jesus, faith, drive, and discipline were born.
Bill Buckingham Client Services Director
Whether interacting with potential clients in consultations or coordinating day-to-day operations, Bill makes it his personal mission to provide a top-notch client experience for anyone interacting with our firm. He enjoys getting to know our clients and their unique estate planning goals, all while making their process as smooth and simple as possible.
3 Get To Know Bill
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in central Washington State on a cattle ranch and farm near the beautiful resort community of Lake Chelan. My wife Abbie and I met while I was in college at Washington State University (Go Cougs!), and we moved to Tennessee in early 2018.
- What movie/tv show can you quote by heart? The Office (US). I’ve watched the entire show more times than I care to admit, and quotes from The Office make it into my conversations with friends and family on a regular basis.
- What does your average weekend look like? Being from the Pacific Northwest, our family loves being in the great outdoors! Whether going to a park, out on a hike, taking a walk around the neighborhood, or even just playing in our backyard, we love spending quality time together outside.
Pam Pedrick Executive Assistant
Pam believes that her role as an executive assistant is to help others win, whether that be managing calendars and emails, preparing documents for client meetings, or just strategizing ways to make things work more efficiently. She’s always looking ahead to try to anticipate unexpected matters that may come up, and make decisions that best help the team and our clients be successful!
3 Get To Know Pam
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in New Hampshire…my husband, Rich, and I met in college (in NH), and moved here to Tennessee with our kids, Maddie & Ben, in 2017.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Music! I actually went to school for Music Education (saxophone was my major instrument) and taught Elementary Music for about 16 years.
- What makes you happiest? Being with my family. We could be doing nothing at all, but just being with them makes my heart so full!